Relay is Amazon’s attempt at automating the Load Board process by tapping into millions of truck drivers. According to Convoy, a leading Load Board for the owner-operators, the trucking market is worth $800 billion, and it’s no wonder Amazon is rushing in for a piece of the pie.
Many new Owner Operators haven’t figured out their Cost per mile and book loads that just don’t make sense. in order to operate a successful trucking operation and not end up in the red, it’s important to find your “cost per mile” number and not just book loads that will cost you in the long term.
Having said that, Load Boards such as Amazon Relay Load Board serve an important part for many owner-operators, especially for those that need a quick load into a better-paying market and a return home load that pays.
What Are The Amazon Relay Requirements
What are the must have requirements to able carry loads for Amazon?
- An active DOT number with interstate authority and a valid MC number
- A “Carrier” entity type that is Authorized for Property and for Hire
- A Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) Safety Rating of “Satisfactory,” “None,” or “Not Rated”
- All insurance policies requirements including:
- Commercial General Liability not less than $1,000,000 per occurrence and $2,000,000 in the aggregate
- Auto Liability not less than $1,000,000 per occurrence, including a trailer replacement coverage of $50,000
- Cargo coverage of at least $100,000
- Workers’ compensation insurance in all jurisdictions where your company operates
- Employer liability not less than $100,000 per occurrence
When will you get paid?
According to Amazon, The Payment cycle runs weekly from Sunday-Saturday. Everything completed before 23:59 Saturday will be paid out the following week on Friday.
Can You Make Money with The Amazon Relay Load Board?
Finally, the last and most important part of the Amazon Relay Load Board, Can you make money? Yes, the answer is You can make money if you are well over your cost per mile and book loads accordingly.